|WHY SHOP WITH US
Secure & Safe
| Home »
Beauty & Skin Care » Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream|
|Brand : ||Melalong by Ajanta Pharma|
|Composition : ||Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream|
|Common Brand : ||Melalong Cream Melacare Forte Cream|
|Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream - 15 Gm Tube|
|Qty.||Type||Our Price||Other Price||Buy|
|1||Tube||$12.99 US|$0 US
|3||Tubes||$35.99 US|$0 US
|Click on text to Enlarge.|
Melalong by Ajanta Pharma
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream Descriptions
The generic Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream is classified therapeutically as a depigmenting agent. Tretinoin is all trans retinoic acid formed from the oxidation of the aldehyde group of retinene to a carboxyl group. Tretinoin is classified as a keratolytic agent. Hydroquinone is a melanocytotoxic chemical which is oxidized in melanocytes to produce highly toxic compounds such as quinones. These cytotoxic compounds are responsible for the destruction of pigment cells which result in skin depigmentation.
However cells are capable of protecting themselves against cytotoxic agents by intracellular gluthathione GSH. This protection takes place under the enzymatic action of the detoxification enzyme gluthathione S- transferase GST which is responsible for the conjugation of toxic species to GSH.
However, before taking the generic Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream medication, ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer’s information for the patient and read it carefully. Talk to your doctor about all the possible risks of taking Melalong medication. However, Melalong may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide. Hence, for more information, consult your doctor and your medical pharmacist.
How To Use Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream
Follow the directions given by the doctor exactly for the usage of the Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream medication and also read the prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part that you do not understand.
Remember: The generic Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream should be applied preferably once daily in the evening and duration of application would be decided by the physician depending upon the response. If you wish to use this medication in children, please consult your pediatrician, before doing so.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream side effects
If you notice any of the symptoms, which seem severe or persistent to you, please contact your doctor immediately. However, your doctor may need to monitor you carefully for side effects and alter the doses if necessary.
Melalong is generally well-tolerated. Some adverse reactions reported are: dryness and fissuring of paranasal and infraorbital areas, erythema, and stinging. Occasional hypersensitivity i.e. localized contact dermatitis may develop and if this occurs, the medication should be discontinued and the physician notified immediately.
Inform your doctor if you experience any of these side effects or some new side effects occur which appear too bothersome to you.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream interaction
Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the formulation of this medication or any other medication in any other form and also inform your doctor about any other medication you may be taking in any other form, as they may affect the way your medicine works.
Moreover, Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream may also interact with some kind of foods, varied medications, herbal products, nutritional supplements, vitamins, other OTC medicines, some vaccinations etc. Acquire more information about the interactions of the Melalong medication from your doctor and the medical pharmacists.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream Over Dose
In case of overdose call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.
If the suffering patient has collapsed or is not breathing call local emergency services at 911. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream notes
Do not allow any other person to use your medication without getting doctor’s prescription themselves and also avoid using this medicine for other health conditions on your own. Keep the medicine away from the children and pets.
Also inform your doctor, if you are pregnant or are breast feeding. If you conceive during the course, inform your doctor immediately. Do not share your medicines with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms, for it may harm them. Do not begin, increase, decrease, or stop using this medicine on your own. In short discuss your complete medical history with your doctor, before taking the medicine.
Remember, it is very important to keep regular appointments with your doctor to study the way your body is responding to the course. And if you are going to have a surgery, tell your health care professional that you are using Melalong medication.
Carry with you at all times an ID card mentioning your name, the medicine you are taking, the dosage, the name of the person and your health care professional they should call in case of an emergency. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory and keep regular checks ups.
Consult your doctor about the kind of diet you should follow whilst on this medication. Also avoid alcohol and alcohol containing beverages whilst on a course with this medication.
And in case, if you wish to use the medicine in children, please contact your pediatrician for sure before its use.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream missed dose
If you missed the Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream medication dose, do take the medicine immediately provided that there is ample of time in between the next dose. However, if it is almost time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Never double your doses to cope up with the missed. And in case, if you miss your one or two consecutive doses consult to your doctor or physician for guidance and continue further.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream uses
The generic Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream medication is used in the treatment of gradual bleaching of hyper pigmented skin conditions such as chloasma, melasma, freckles, senile lentigines, and other unwanted areas of melanin hyper pigmentation.
However, it may also be used to treat some other medical conditions which may be determined by your doctor accordingly and consult a pediatrician for the use of this medication in children.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream other uses
The generic Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream medication may be prescribed for other uses also and hence ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information about the Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream medication.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream storage
Store generic Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream, at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Keep the medicine in the container, it came in and always keep it tightly closed. Check Expiry date without fail. Keep all medicines away from women, newborns, children and pets. Do not freeze in any case. Also, keep it away from heat, dampness and direct light. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down. When the medicine is not in use or outdated it should be discarded. Take help of your pharmacist in disposing this medicine properly. In any case, do not store the Melalong medication in the bathroom.
Hydroquinone 2 Tretinoin 0.025 Cream precaution
Following precautions must be taken during consuming generic Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream:
1. Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had: any skin problems, kidney disease, lung disease, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, asthma, heart attack, any serious injury/infection or any other severe disease etc. Also inform, if you drink alcoholic beverages or are a tobacco smoker etc.
2. Also acknowledge your doctor if you need to undergo any kind of surgery, including dental surgery or need an x-ray procedure that uses contrast agents. So, inform your doctors immediately about it, so that the doctor can decide whether to continue taking Melalong medication or stop it during the surgery.
3. Let the doctor also know, if you are in-taking or are planning to take any prescribed or non prescribed medicines, health supplements or any other OTC medications, vitamins etc.
4. Do not use the Melalong i.e. Hydroquinone Tretinoin Cream medication, if you have any kind of allergy to it or to any ingredients of it and tell your doctor or pharmacist about the allergy and get treated accordingly.
5. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking Melalong medication as caution is to be exercised when topical Tretinoin and hydroquinone is administered to a nursing woman. However, the safety of Melalong during pregnancy and children under 12 years of age has not been established.Hence, inform your doctor immediately when you plan to conceive, or become pregnant during the course.
6. Do not share the drug with others unless they are prescribed by the doctor themselves. And if your symptoms of side effects do not improve in few weeks or if they become worse and bothersome, check these conditions immediately with your doctor.
7. Please, use the Melalong medicine in the prescribed amount and do not overdose it or use it for the longer period of time. Do not discontinue on your own and consult your doctor before doing so to avoid further problems.
8. Regularly, keep your appointments with your doctor and keep an eye on the progress or side effects that has been noticed during the complete course.
9. Also, avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and alcohol containing beverages during the complete course to achieve good results.
10. For more information, contact your doctor and your pharmacists and also discuss the risks and benefits of the generic Melalong.
11. Remember: The Melalong cream is strictly for external use only. It is very important to avoid contact with eye and mucous membranes. Exposure to sunlight and UV light may cause re pigmentation of bleached areas, hence it is important that your doctor checks your progress at regular intervals.