|WHY SHOP WITH US
Secure & Safe
| Home »
Heart & Blood Pressure » CHOLESTYRAMINE - koh LES tri a meen|
|Brand : ||Questran Generic|
|Composition : ||CHOLESTYRAMINE - koh LES tri a meen|
|Common Brand : ||Questran Light|
|Questran 5mg Sachets|
|Qty.||Type||Our Price||Other Price||Buy|
|60||Sachets||$118.99 US|$0 US
|Click on text to Enlarge.|
Questran 5mg Sachets descriptions
The generic Questran i.e. Cholestyramine is an oral medication that reduces the levels of cholesterol in the blood and improves the itching associated with the liver disease. Cholesterol that is ingested or manufactured in the body is eliminated primarily by conversion to bile acids in the liver and excretion in bile. The bile enters the intestine and most of the bile acids are reabsorbed from the intestine. These reabsorbed bile acids are removed from the blood by the liver and excreted again into bile. Thus bile acids re-circulate in the body.
Cholestyramine binds to bile acids in the intestine and this prevents their absorption and the cholestyramine/bile acid complexes are eliminated in the stool. As a result the body loses bile acids. To compensate for this loss the liver increases the conversion of cholesterol to bile acids. The conversion of cholesterol to bile acids reduces the cholesterol in the body and the levels of cholesterol drop in the blood.
One of the most troubling symptoms in patients with liver and biliary disease is itching. The itching is believed to be the result of accumulation of bile acids in the skin due to the inability of the liver or bile ducts to eliminate bile acids normally. By binding bile acids in the intestines and preventing their absorption cholestyramine hastens the elimination of bile acids from the body and skin and the itching improves.
However, before taking the generic Questran i.e. Cholestyramine medication, ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer’s information for the patient and read it carefully. Talk to your doctor about all the possible risks of taking Questran medication. However, Questran may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide. Hence, for more information, consult your doctor and your medical pharmacist.
how to use Questran 5mg Sachets
Follow the directions given by the doctor exactly for the usage of the Questran i.e. Cholestyramine medication and also read the prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part that you do not understand.
Remember: The usual dose is 4 to 8 grams once or twice a day and the maximum dose is 24 grams per day. However, the powder should be mixed with 60 to 180 ml 2 to 6 fl oz of water noncarbonated beverage pulpy fruits or soup. And if you wish to use this medication in children, please consult your pediatrician, before doing so.
Questran 5mg Sachets side effects
If you notice any of the symptoms, which seem severe or persistent to you, please contact your doctor immediately. However, your doctor may need to monitor you carefully for side effects and alter the doses if necessary.
Questran is generally well-tolerated. The most common side effects are: bloating, vomiting, diarrhea, weight loss, constipation, abdominal pain, excessive passage of gas i.e. flatulence etc.
Moreover, if used for long-term, the cholestyramine may cause a deficiency of vitamin A D, E and K.
Inform your doctor if you experience any of these side effects or some new side effects occur which appear too bothersome to you.
Questran 5mg Sachets interaction
Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the formulation of this medication or any other medication in any other form and also inform your doctor about any other medication you may be taking in any other form, as they may affect the way your medicine works.
The Questran i.e. Cholestyramine decreases the conversion of leflunomide Arava to its active form and reduces the absorption of vitamin A, D, E and K. Cholestyramine also binds some drugs in the intestine preventing their absorption and hastening their elimination. Therefore cholestyramine is useful in some situations in which there has been an overdose of drugs.
However, Questran i.e. Cholestyramine decreases the absorption of warfarin Coumadin, thyroid hormones levothyroxine sodium [Synthroid, Levoxyl, Liotrix], digoxin Lanoxin, and thiazide diuretics Hydrodiuril, Oretic, Dyazide, Maxide. Hence, these drugs should be administered 1 hour before or 4-6 hours after the administration of cholestyramine.
Moreover, Questran i.e. Cholestyramine may also interact with some kind of foods, varied medications, herbal products, nutritional supplements, vitamins, other OTC medicines, some vaccinations etc. Acquire more information about the interactions of the Questran medication from your doctor and the medical pharmacists.
Questran 5mg Sachets overdose
In case of overdose call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.
If the suffering patient has collapsed or is not breathing call local emergency services at 911. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly.
Questran 5mg Sachets notes
Do not allow any other person to use your medication without getting doctor’s prescription themselves and also avoid using this medicine for other health conditions on your own. Keep the medicine away from the children and pets.
Also inform your doctor, if you are pregnant or are breast feeding. If you conceive during the course, inform your doctor immediately. Do not share your medicines with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms, for it may harm them. Do not begin, increase, decrease, or stop using this medicine on your own. In short discuss your complete medical history with your doctor, before taking the medicine.
Remember, it is very important to keep regular appointments with your doctor to study the way your body is responding to the course. And if you are going to have a surgery, tell your health care professional that you are using Questran medication.
Carry with you at all times an ID card mentioning your name, the medicine you are taking, the dosage, the name of the person and your health care professional they should call in case of an emergency. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory and keep regular checks ups.
Consult your doctor about the kind of diet you should follow whilst on this medication. Also avoid alcohol and alcohol containing beverages whilst on a course with this medication.
And in case, if you wish to use the medicine in children, please contact your pediatrician for sure before its use.
Questran 5mg Sachets Missed Dose
If you missed the Questran i.e. Cholestyramine medication dose, do take the medicine immediately provided that there is ample of time in between the next dose. However, if it is almost time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Never double your doses to cope up with the missed. And in case, if you miss your one or two consecutive doses consult to your doctor or physician for guidance and continue further.
Questran 5mg Sachets uses
The generic Questran i.e. Cholestyramine medication is used for reducing cholesterol levels in the blood to relieve the itching of liver and biliary disease and to treat overdoses of digoxin or thyroid hormone. And it is also recommended for the rapid elimination of leflunomide Arava.
However, it may also be used to treat some other medical conditions which may be determined by your doctor accordingly and consult a pediatrician for the use of this medication in children.
Questran 5mg Sachets other uses
The generic Questran i.e. Cholestyramine medication may be prescribed for other uses also and hence ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information about the Questran i.e. Cholestyramine medication.
Questran 5mg Sachets storage
Store generic Questran i.e. Cholestyramine, at room temperature in between 59-86°F and 15-30°C, in a cool and dry place. Keep the medicine in the container, it came in and always keep it tightly closed. Check Expiry date without fail. Keep all medicines away from women, newborns, children and pets. Do not freeze in any case. Also, keep it away from heat, dampness and direct light. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down. When the medicine is not in use or outdated it should be discarded. Take help of your pharmacist in disposing this medicine properly. In any case, do not store the Questran medication in the bathroom.
Questran 5mg Sachets precaution
Following precautions must be taken during consuming generic Questran i.e. Cholestyramine:
1. Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had: any cholesterol related problems, kidney disease, lung disease, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, asthma, heart attack, recent weight gain or loss, any serious injury/infection or any other severe disease etc. Also inform, if you drink alcoholic beverages or are a tobacco smoker etc.
2. Also acknowledge your doctor if you need to undergo any kind of surgery, including dental surgery or need an x-ray procedure that uses contrast agents. So, inform your doctors immediately about it, so that the doctor can decide whether to continue taking Questran medication or stop it during the surgery.
3. Let the doctor also know, if you are in-taking or are planning to take any prescribed or non prescribed medicines, health supplements or any other OTC medications, vitamins etc.
4. Do not use the Questran i.e. Cholestyramine medication, if you have any kind of allergy to it or to any ingredients of it and tell your doctor or pharmacist about the allergy and get treated accordingly.
5. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking Questran medication. Hence also, inform your doctor immediately when you plan to conceive, or become pregnant during the course.
6. Do not share the drug with others unless they are prescribed by the doctor themselves. And if your symptoms of side effects do not improve in few weeks or if they become worse and bothersome, check these conditions immediately with your doctor.
7. Please, use the Questran medicine in the prescribed amount and do not overdose it or use it for the longer period of time. Do not discontinue on your own and consult your doctor before doing so to avoid further problems.
8. Regularly, keep your appointments with your doctor and keep an eye on the progress or side effects that has been noticed during the complete course.
9. Also, avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and alcohol containing beverages during the complete course to achieve good results.
10. For more information, contact your doctor and your pharmacists and also discuss the risks and benefits of the generic Questran.
11. Remember: It is important that your doctor checks your progress at regular intervals.