|WHY SHOP WITH US
Secure & Safe
| Home »
Gastro Health » METOCLOPRAMIDE met-oh-KLOE-pra-mide|
|Brand : ||Reglan Generic|
|Composition : ||METOCLOPRAMIDE met-oh-KLOE-pra-mide|
|Qty.||Type||Our Price||Other Price||Buy|
|30||Tab||$11.99 US|$28 US
|90||Tab||$33.99 US|$82 US
|Click on text to Enlarge.|
Reglan 10mg Generic descriptions
The Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide is a prokinetic agent that increases muscle tone of the lower esophagus sphincter. The lower esophagus sphincter located between the esophagus and stomach normally prevents reflux of acid and other stomach contents into the esophagus.
In patients with Gastroesophageal Reflux GERD a weakened lower esophagus sphincter allows reflux of stomach acid into the esophagus causing heart burn and acid damage to the esophagus peptic esophagitis.
Metoclopramide decreases stomach acid reflux by strengthening the lower esophagus sphincter. Like cisapride Propulsid metoclopramide also hastens the stomach emptying of solid and liquid meals into the intestines. Rapid emptying of meals also helps decrease the reflux of stomach acid and other contents into the esophagus.
Metoclopramide interferes with dopamine receptors in the brain and hence, can be an effective anti-nausea medication.
However, before taking the Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide medication, ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer’s information for the patient and read it carefully. Talk to your doctor about all the possible risks of taking Reglan medication. However, Reglan may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide. Hence, for more information, consult your doctor and your medical pharmacist.
how to use Reglan 10mg Generic
Follow the directions given by the doctor exactly for the usage of the Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide medication and also read the prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part that you do not understand.
Remember: The Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide tablet is usually given four times daily 30 minutes before each meal and at bedtime for the treatment of esophageal reflux. However, the dosage and frequency may be lowered in elderly patients and in situations where symptoms occur only intermittently and at specific times.
Moreover, the concurrent administration of Anticholinergic medications can decrease the effectiveness of metoclopramide. If you wish to use this medication in children, please consult your pediatrician, before doing so.
Reglan 10mg Generic side effects
If you notice any of the symptoms, which seem severe or persistent to you, please contact your doctor immediately. However, your doctor may need to monitor you carefully for side effects and alter the doses if necessary.
Reglan is generally well-tolerated. Rarely metoclopramide can cause involuntary muscle movements, facial grimacing and dystonic reactions resembling tetanus.
The nervous system side effects increase with higher doses and if used for longer period under treatment. Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide may cause some nervous system side effects such as insomnia, sedation, depression, anxiety, restlessness etc. Parkinson patients can experience some serious effects and this medicine can also cause mental and/or physical abilities to drive or operate machinery.
Moreover, cisapride and metoclopramide are similar in decreasing gastroesophageal reflux metoclopramide is more likely to cause nervous system side effects such as jitteriness, insomnia, sedation or anxiety.
Inform your doctor if you experience any of these side effects or some new side effects occur which appear too bothersome to you.
Reglan 10mg Generic interaction
Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the formulation of this medication or any other medication in any other form and also inform your doctor about any other medication you may be taking in any other form, as they may affect the way your medicine works.
However, Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide accelerates stomach emptying it can increase absorption and effects of other medications. For example the effects of sedatives such as alcohol and diazepam Valium can be accelerated when used together with metoclopramide.
Moreover, Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide may also interact with some kind of foods, varied medications, herbal products, nutritional supplements, vitamins, other OTC medicines, some vaccinations etc. Acquire more information about the interactions of the Reglan medication from your doctor and the medical pharmacists.
Reglan 10mg Generic overdose
In case of overdose call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.
If the suffering patient has collapsed or is not breathing call local emergency services at 911. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly.
Reglan 10mg Generic notes
Do not allow any other person to use your medication without getting doctor’s prescription themselves and also avoid using this medicine for other health conditions on your own. Keep the medicine away from the children and pets.
Also inform your doctor, if you are pregnant or are breast feeding. If you conceive during the course, inform your doctor immediately. Do not share your medicines with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms, for it may harm them. Do not begin, increase, decrease, or stop using this medicine on your own. In short discuss your complete medical history with your doctor, before taking the medicine.
Remember, it is very important to keep regular appointments with your doctor to study the way your body is responding to the course. And if you are going to have a surgery, tell your health care professional that you are using Reglan medication.
Carry with you at all times an ID card mentioning your name, the medicine you are taking, the dosage, the name of the person and your health care professional they should call in case of an emergency. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory and keep regular checks ups.
Consult your doctor about the kind of diet you should follow whilst on this medication. Also avoid alcohol and alcohol containing beverages whilst on a course with this medication.
And in case, if you wish to use the medicine in children, please contact your pediatrician for sure before its use.
Reglan 10mg Generic Missed Dose
If you missed the Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide medication dose, do take the medicine immediately provided that there is ample of time in between the next dose. However, if it is almost time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Never double your doses to cope up with the missed. And in case, if you miss your one or two consecutive doses consult to your doctor or physician for guidance and continue further.
Reglan 10mg Generic uses
The generic Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide medication is used in the treatment of nausea related to postoperative state and cancer chemotherapy. Metoclopramide can effectively treat nausea and other symptoms related to diabetic gastric stasis.
Moreover, the Metoclopramide is used on a short term basis 4 to 12 weeks for patients with heartburn and esophagitis due to gastroesophageal reflux.
However, it may also be used to treat some other medical conditions which may be determined by your doctor accordingly and consult a pediatrician for the use of this medication in children.
Reglan 10mg Generic other uses
The generic Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide medication may be prescribed for other uses also and hence ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information about the Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide medication.
Reglan 10mg Generic storage
Store generic Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide, at room temperature in between 59-86°F and 15-30°C, in a cool and dry place. Keep the medicine in the container, it came in and always keep it tightly closed. Check Expiry date without fail. Keep all medicines away from women, newborns, children and pets. Do not freeze in any case. Also, keep it away from heat, dampness and direct light. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down. When the medicine is not in use or outdated it should be discarded. Take help of your pharmacist in disposing this medicine properly. In any case, do not store the Reglan medication in the bathroom.
Reglan 10mg Generic precaution
Following precautions must be taken during consuming generic Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide:
1. Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had: kidney disease, lung disease, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, asthma, heart attack, any serious injury/infection or any other severe disease etc. Also inform, if you drink alcoholic beverages or are a tobacco smoker etc.
2. Also acknowledge your doctor if you need to undergo any kind of surgery, including dental surgery or need an x-ray procedure that uses contrast agents. So, inform your doctors immediately about it, so that the doctor can decide whether to continue taking Reglan medication or stop it during the surgery.
3. Let the doctor also know, if you are in-taking or are planning to take any prescribed or non prescribed medicines, health supplements or any other OTC medications, vitamins etc.
4. Do not use the Reglan i.e. Metoclopramide medication, if you have any kind of allergy to it or to any ingredients of it and tell your doctor or pharmacist about the allergy and get treated accordingly.
5. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking Reglan medication. Hence also, inform your doctor immediately when you plan to conceive, or become pregnant during the course.
6. Do not share the drug with others unless they are prescribed by the doctor themselves. And if your symptoms of side effects do not improve in few weeks or if they become worse and bothersome, check these conditions immediately with your doctor.
7. Please, use the Reglan medicine in the prescribed amount and do not overdose it or use it for the longer period of time. Do not discontinue on your own and consult your doctor before doing so to avoid further problems.
8. Regularly, keep your appointments with your doctor and keep an eye on the progress or side effects that has been noticed during the complete course.
9. Also, avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and alcohol containing beverages during the complete course to achieve good results.
10. For more information, contact your doctor and your pharmacists and also discuss the risks and benefits of the generic Reglan.
11. Remember: It is important that your doctor checks your progress at regular intervals.