|WHY SHOP WITH US
Secure & Safe
| Home »
Eye Care » CYCLOSPORINE SYE-kloe-spor-een|
|Brand : ||Restasis Generic|
|Composition : ||CYCLOSPORINE SYE-kloe-spor-een|
|Restasis 0.5% 4ml. vial|
|Qty.||Type||Our Price||Other Price||Buy|
|32 vials||ML||$89.99 US|$0 US
|64 vials||ML||$179.99 US|$0 US
|Restasis 0.5%(3ml bttl.)|
|Qty.||Type||Our Price||Other Price||Buy|
|3 Bottle||ML||$58.99 US|$93 US
|9 Bottle||ML||$176.99 US|$266 US
|Click on text to Enlarge.|
Restasis Generic descriptions
Our eyes are one of the most vital organs in our body. They are continuously required to perform any task successfully. Our eyes also get infected due to some inflammations and become dry. This condition has to be treated to remain healthy and hence generic Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine ophthalmic is widely used. It is a prescription medicine that has to be applied in the eyes.
Cyclosporine ophthalmic is in a class of medications called ‘Immunomodulators’. It works by decreasing swelling in the eye to allow for tear. Actually the generic Restasis helps our eyes ability to produce tears naturally, which may be reduced by inflammation due to Chronic Dry Eye. However, generic Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine Ophthalmic did not increase tear production in patients using anti-inflammatory eye drops or tear duct plugs.
However, before taking Cyclosporine i.e. Restasis medication, ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer’s information for the patient and read it carefully. Talk to your doctor about all the possible risks of taking Restasis medication. However, Restasis may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide. Hence, for more information, consult your doctor and your medical pharmacist.
how to use Restasis Generic
Follow the directions given by the doctor exactly for the usage of the Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine medication and also read the prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand.
This medication is applied to the affected eyes usually twice a day about 12 hours apart or as directed by your doctor. To apply eye drops wash your hands first. To avoid contamination be careful not to touch the tip of the vial or let it touch your eye. Before opening the vial, make sure the eye drops are well mixed by turning the vial upside down several times before use. Open the vial right before you are about to use it.
The eye drops should have a milky white appearance. Tilt your head back look upward and pull down the lower eyelid to make a pouch. Place the tip of the vial directly over the eye and apply 1 drop. Look downward and gently close your eye for 1 to 2 minutes. Try not to blink and do not rub the eye. Discard the remaining contents of the opened vial immediately after use. Do not store the opened vial for later use. If you wear contact lenses remove them before using this medication and do not replace them until 15 minutes following use of these eye drops. If you are also using other drops for dry eyes e.g. artificial tears wait 15 minutes between the use of the different products.
If you wish to use the medication for your children, please contact your pediatrician for the dosage.
Restasis Generic side effects
If you notice any of the symptoms, which seem severe or persistent to you, please contact your doctor immediately. However, your doctor may need to monitor you carefully for side effects and alter the doses if necessary.
Some side effects, that may go away during the treatment may include, blurred vision, feeling as if something is in the eyes or eye discharge, burning, stinging, redness, pain or itching in the treated eyes. Some side effects of an allergic reaction include swelling, dizziness, rashes, severe itching, or trouble breathing.
Inform your doctor if you experience any of these side effects or some new side effects occur which appear too bothersome to you.
Restasis Generic interaction
Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the formulation of this medication or any other medication in any other form and also inform your doctor about any other medication you may be taking in any other form, as they may affect the way your medicine works.
Also inform if you are using other eye drops or ointments.
Moreover, Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine may also interact with some kind of foods, varied medications, herbal products, nutritional supplements, vitamins, other OTC medicines etc. Acquire more information about the interactions of the Restasis medication from your doctor and the medical pharmacists.
Restasis Generic overdose
In case of overdose call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.
If the suffering patient has collapsed or is not breathing call local emergency services at 911. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly.
However, this medicine may be harmful if swallowed.
Restasis Generic notes
Do not allow any other person to use your medication without getting doctor’s prescription themselves and also avoid using this medicine for other health conditions on your own. Keep the medicine away from the children and pets.
Also inform your doctor, if you are pregnant or are breast feeding. If you conceive during the course, inform your doctor immediately. Do not share your medicines with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms, for it may harm them. Do not begin, increase, decrease, or stop using this medicine on your own.
Remember, it is very important to keep regular appointments with your doctor to study the way your body is responding to the course. And if you are going to have a surgery, tell your health care professional that you are taking Restasis medication.
And in case, if you wish to use the medicine in children, please contact your pediatrician for sure before its use.
Restasis Generic Missed Dose
If you missed the dose, do take the medicine immediately provided that there is ample of time in between the next dose. However, if it is almost time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Never double your doses to cope up with the missed. And in case, if you miss your one or two consecutive doses consult to your doctor or physician for guidance and continue further.
Restasis Generic uses
The generic Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine medication is used to treat dry eyes due to a certain type of eye condition i.e. keratoconjunctivitis sicca. It works by increasing the amount of tears you make.
However, it may also be used to treat some other medical conditions which may be determined by your doctor accordingly and consult a pediatrician for the use of this medication in children.
Restasis Generic other uses
The generic Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine medication may be prescribed for other uses also, so ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information about the Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine medication.
Restasis Generic storage
Generic Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine tablets should be stored at room temperature in a cool and dry place. Keep the medicine in the container, it came in and always keep it tightly closed. Check Expiry date without fail. Keep all medicines away from women, newborns, children and pets. Do not freeze in any case. Also, keep it away from heat, dampness and direct light. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down. When the medicine is not in use or outdated it should be discarded. Take help of your pharmacist in disposing this medicine properly. In any case, do not store the Restasis tablets in the bathroom.
Restasis Generic precaution
Following precautions must be taken during consuming generic Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine:
1. Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had: kidney disease, lung disease, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, low or high blood pressure, asthma, heart attack and strokes or any other severe disease etc. Also inform, if you drink alcoholic beverages or smoke.
2. Also acknowledge your doctor if you need to undergo any kind of surgery, including dental surgery or need an x-ray procedure that uses contrast agents. So, inform your doctors immediately about it, so that the doctor can decide whether to continue taking Restasis medication or stop it during the surgery.
3. Let the doctor also know, if you are in-taking or are planning to take any prescribed or non prescribed medicines, health supplements or any other OTC medications, vitamins etc.
4. Do not use the Restasis i.e. Cyclosporine medication, if you have any kind of allergy to it or to any ingredients of it and tell your doctor or pharmacist about the allergy and get treated.
5. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking Restasis medication. Hence also, inform your doctor immediately when you plan to conceive, or become pregnant during the course.
6. Do not share the drug with others unless they are prescribed by the doctor themselves. And if your symptoms of side effects do not improve in few weeks or if they become worse and bothersome, check these conditions immediately with your doctor.
7. Please, use the Restasis medicine in the prescribed amount and do not overdose it or use it for the longer period of time. Do not discontinue on your own and consult your doctor before doing so to avoid further problems.
8. Regularly, keep your appointments with your doctor and keep an eye on the progress or side effects that has been noticed during the complete course.
9. Also, avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and alcohol containing beverages during the complete course.
10. The generic Restasis medication may cause blurred vision and hence caution is suggested while getting engaged in activities that require clear vision such as driving or using machinery.
11. For more information, contact your doctor and your pharmacists and also discuss the risks and benefits of the generic Restasis.