|WHY SHOP WITH US
Secure & Safe
| Home »
Bladder - Prostate » TAMSULOSIN tam-SOO-loe-sin|
|Brand : ||Tamsulosin Generic|
|Composition : ||TAMSULOSIN tam-SOO-loe-sin|
|Common Brand : ||Flomax Tamsulosin|
|Qty.||Type||Our Price||Other Price||Buy|
|30||Cap||$25.99 US|$45 US
|90||Cap||$62.99 US|$125 US
|Qty.||Type||Our Price||Other Price||Buy|
|30||Caps||$37.99 US|$109.79 US
|90||Caps||$87.99 US|$307.4 US
|Click on text to Enlarge.|
Tamsulosin Generic descriptions
Basically, the generic Tamsulosin is a drug used in the treatment of men who are having difficulty urinating because of benign prostatic hyperplasia i.e. BPH. In men the tube which carries urine from the bladder to the penis called the urethra travels through the prostate gland. As men get older the prostate gland enlarges and the muscle cells within the prostate gland and the neck of the bladder which control the flow of urine tighten. The combination of enlargement and tightening of muscles compresses the urethra and obstructs the flow of urine. This results in difficulty urinating and retention of urine within the bladder.
However, the tightening or contraction of the muscle cells is controlled by nerves. One type of nerve the alpha adrenergic nerves cause the muscle cells to tighten by releasing a chemical related to epinephrine adrenalin. Tamsulosin blocks the effects of this chemical on the muscle cells and causes the muscles to relax. This results in a decrease in obstruction to the flow of urine.
Tamsulosin is more active against the alpha adrenergic nerves of the prostate and bladder neck than these other drugs and has a lesser effect on alpha adrenergic nerves elsewhere in the body. For this reason Tamsulosin causes fewer side effects especially low blood pressure than other alpha adrenergic blocking drugs. Moreover, Tamsulosin was approved by the FDA in 1997.
However, before taking the generic Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin medication, ask your pharmacist or doctor for a copy of the manufacturer’s information for the patient and read it carefully. Talk to your doctor about all the possible risks of taking Tamsulosin medication. However, Tamsulosin may also be used for purposes other than those listed in this medication guide. Hence, for more information, consult your doctor and your medical pharmacist.
how to use Tamsulosin Generic
Follow the directions given by the doctor exactly for the usage of the Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin medication and also read the prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part that you do not understand.
Remember: If you wish to use this medication in children, please consult your pediatrician, before doing so.
However, the generic Tamsulosin should be taken once daily after a meal. When taken on an empty stomach more of the medication is absorbed, this could cause a greater effect and potentially a drop in blood pressure.
Tamsulosin Generic side effects
If you notice any of the symptoms, which seem severe or persistent to you, please contact your doctor immediately. However, your doctor may need to monitor you carefully for side effects and alter the doses if necessary.
Tamsulosin is generally well-tolerated. The most common side effects are: palpitations, dizziness, headache, nasal congestion, fainting etc.
However, occasionally Tamsulosin can cause a drop in blood pressure.
Inform your doctor if you experience any of these side effects or some new side effects occur which appear too bothersome to you.
Tamsulosin Generic interaction
Inform your doctor if you are allergic to the formulation of this medication or any other medication in any other form and also inform your doctor about any other medication you may be taking in any other form, as they may affect the way your medicine works.
Moreover, Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin may also interact with some kind of foods, varied medications, herbal products, nutritional supplements, vitamins, other OTC medicines, some vaccinations etc. Acquire more information about the interactions of the Tamsulosin medication from your doctor and the medical pharmacists.
Tamsulosin Generic overdose
In case of overdose call your local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222.
If the suffering patient has collapsed or is not breathing call local emergency services at 911. Canadian residents should call their local poison control center directly.
Tamsulosin Generic notes
Do not allow any other person to use your medication without getting doctor’s prescription themselves and also avoid using this medicine for other health conditions on your own. Keep the medicine away from the children and pets.
Also inform your doctor, if you are pregnant or are breast feeding. If you conceive during the course, inform your doctor immediately. Do not share your medicines with anyone, even if they have the same symptoms, for it may harm them. Do not begin, increase, decrease, or stop using this medicine on your own. In short discuss your complete medical history with your doctor, before taking the medicine.
Remember, it is very important to keep regular appointments with your doctor to study the way your body is responding to the course. And if you are going to have a surgery, tell your health care professional that you are using this particular medication.
Carry with you at all times an ID card mentioning your name, the medicine you are taking, the dosage, the name of the person and your health care professional they should call in case of an emergency. Keep all appointments with your doctor and the laboratory and keep regular checks ups.
Consult your doctor about the kind of diet you should follow whilst on this medication. Also avoid alcohol and alcohol containing beverages whilst on a course with this medication.
And in case, if you wish to use the medicine in children, please contact your pediatrician for sure before its use.
Tamsulosin Generic Missed Dose
If you missed the Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin medication dose, do take the medicine immediately provided that there is ample of time in between the next dose. However, if it is almost time for the next dose skip the missed dose and continue your regular dosing schedule. Never double your doses to cope up with the missed. And in case, if you miss your one or two consecutive doses consult to your doctor or physician for guidance and continue further.
Tamsulosin Generic uses
The generic Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin medication is used to treat men who are having problems urinating because of BPH.
However, it may also be used to treat some other medical conditions which may be determined by your doctor accordingly and consult a pediatrician for the use of this medication in children.
Tamsulosin Generic other uses
The generic Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin medication may be prescribed for other uses also and hence ask your doctor or pharmacist for more information about the Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin medication.
Tamsulosin Generic storage
Store generic Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin, at room temperature in between 59-86°F and 15-30°C, in a cool and dry place. Keep the medicine in the container, it came in and always keep it tightly closed. Check Expiry date without fail. Keep all medicines away from women, newborns, children and pets. Do not freeze in any case. Also, keep it away from heat, dampness and direct light. Heat or moisture may cause the medicine to break down. When the medicine is not in use or outdated it should be discarded. Take help of your pharmacist in disposing this medicine properly. In any case, do not store the Tamsulosin medication in the bathroom.
Tamsulosin Generic precaution
Following precautions must be taken during using generic Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin:
1. Inform your doctor if you have or have ever had: kidney disease, lung disease, liver disease, heart disease, diabetes, heart attack, low or high blood pressure, any serious injury/infection or any other severe disease etc. Also inform, if you drink alcoholic beverages or are a tobacco smoker etc.
2. Also acknowledge your doctor if you need to undergo any kind of surgery, including dental surgery or need an x-ray procedure that uses contrast agents. So, inform your doctors immediately about it, so that the doctor can decide whether to continue taking Tamsulosin medication or stop it during the surgery.
3. Let the doctor also know, if you are in-taking or are planning to take any prescribed or non prescribed medicines, health supplements or any other OTC medications, vitamins etc.
4. Do not use the Tamsulosin i.e. Flomax Tamsulosin medication, if you have any kind of allergy to it or to any ingredients of it and tell your doctor or pharmacist about the allergy and get treated accordingly.
5. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breast feeding before taking Tamsulosin medication. Hence also, inform your doctor immediately when you plan to conceive, or become pregnant during the course.
6. Do not share the drug with others unless they are prescribed by the doctor themselves. And if your symptoms of side effects do not improve in few weeks or if they become worse and bothersome, check these conditions immediately with your doctor.
7. Please, use the Tamsulosin medicine in the prescribed amount and do not overdose it or use it for the longer period of time. Do not discontinue on your own and consult your doctor before doing so to avoid further problems.
8. Regularly, keep your appointments with your doctor and keep an eye on the progress or side effects that has been noticed during the complete course.
9. Also, avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and alcohol containing beverages during the complete course to achieve good results.
10. Remember: It is also important that your doctor checks your progress at regular intervals and for more information, contact your doctor and your pharmacists and also discuss the risks and benefits of this particular medicine.